Prospective clients may submit their nonrefundable application fee via PayPal. Application fees are per legal issue and based on the organization’s annual budget. The application fee is non-refundable. The application fee covers administrative costs and does not pay for the attorney’s time. The attorney’s time is offered pro bono unless other arrangements are made.
START-UP MATTERS FOR NEW ORGANIZATIONS ONLY
For new organizations seeking assistance with drafting bylaws, Articles of Incorporation, and preparing applications for federal tax exemption (501(c)(3) status), the application fee is based on the size of the organization’s projected budget each year over the next three years.
Does the organization anticipate that its annual gross receipts will exceed $50,000 in any of the next 3 years?
- If no, the application fee is $275. Click here to pay the $275 application fee.
- If yes, the application fee is $400. Click here to pay the $400 application fee. A draft of the full Form 1023 must be submitted.
The application fee includes one registration for our How to Start a Nonprofit Organization in Maryland workshop. Attendance at this workshop is mandatory before placement of a case with an attorney. The workshop must be completed within six months of submitting the Application for Legal Services.
EXISTING ORGANZIATIONS ONLY
- For an annual budget of $0 – $2,499, click here to pay $100.
- For an annual budget of $2,500 – $9,999, click here to pay $125.
- For an annual budget of $10,000 – $19,999, click here to pay $155.
- For an annual budget of $20,000 – $39,999, click here to pay $180.
- For an annual budget of $40,000 – $59,999, click here to pay $200.
- For an annual budget of $60,000 – $79,999, click here to pay $220.
- For an annual budget of $80,000 – $99,999, click here to pay $240.
- For an annual budget of $100,000 – $149,999, click here to pay $260.
- For an annual budget of $150,000 – $199,999, click here to pay $280.
- For an annual budget of $200,000 – $249,999, click here to pay $300.
- For an annual budget of $250,000 – $299,999, click here to pay $320.
- For an annual budget of more than $300,000, click here to pay $350.
- For an annual budget of more than $500,000, click here to pay $500.
Community Law Center is pleased to offer the following publications for purchase.
Legal Tools for Urban Agriculture in Baltimore City (1st edition, 2015)
As urban agriculture continues to grow in Baltimore City, it is important that groups intending to start urban agriculture projects are familiar with the legal tools available to them. This manual is designed to educate individuals that either currently operate or intend to create an urban agriculture project in Baltimore City. Topics covered include choosing an organizational structure for the project, gaining legal access to land and complying with regulatory restrictions on the land, accessing water for the project, complying with laws regarding keeping animals in the city, distributing produce and farm products, protecting the project from liability, and hiring employees to work on the project.
Strengthening Baltimore’s Neighborhoods: A Legal Handbook for Community Associations (1st edition, 2015)
Community Law Center has created a new manual especially for Baltimore’s community associations. “Strengthening Baltimore’s Neighborhoods: A Legal Guide for Community Associations,” will help community leaders run more efficient and effective meetings, update bylaws, maintain the organization’s corporate status, utilize laws designed to help neighborhoods, and much more!
To order a printed copy for $25 plus tax and $4 shipping & handling, click here!
This manual provides a basic overview of the development process in Baltimore City and advises community leaders about ways to insert themselves into the process. Community organizations should contact Community Law Center as soon as possible when development related issues arise, as legal representation is often highly advisable and every situation requires advice specific to the circumstances involved.
A guide for general audiences to the legal and organizational issues relating to starting a new nonprofit organization and obtaining tax-exempt status from the IRS. The manual includes sample documents.
To purchase this item for $30 plus tax and $4 shipping & handling, click here.
Community Law Center poster
To purchase this item for $14.00 plus tax and $6.00 shipping & handling, click here.